Product Description and Features
TRIMDEK® is a subtle square-fluted steel cladding, available in long lengths, so on most jobs you can have one sheet from ridge to gutter without end laps.
TRIMDEK® is made of high strength steel and despite its lightness, provides excellent spanning capacity and remarkable recovery after deformation.
The strength, spanning ability, lightness and rigidity of TRIMDEK® permits wide support spacings to be used with safety.
- Can be used for both roofing and walling applications
- Available in a wide variety of COLORBOND® steel colours
- Walk only in pans and close or over the supports
- May be used on roof pitches from as low as 2 degrees (1 in 30)
The maximum recommended support spacings are based on testing in accordance with AS1562.1-1992, AS4040.1-1992 and AS4040.2-1992. Supports must not be less than 1mm BMT.
Roof spans consider both resistance to wind pressure and light roof traffic (traffic arising from incidental maintenance).
Wall spans consider resistance to wind pressure only.
The figures relate only to buildings 10m or less in height and located in sheltered or exposed suburban areas or sheltered rural areas only
|Maximum Support Spacings (mm)|
|Type of Span||Thickness (mm) BMT|
|Roofs including bullnosed roofs|
|Unstiffened Eaves Overhang||150||200|
|Stiffened Eaves Overhang||300||350|
- For roofs: the data are based on foot-traffic loading.
- For walls: the data are based on pressures.
- Table data are based on supports of 1mm BMT.
Sheets are supplied custom cut.
Length: +0 mm, -15 mm
Width: +4 mm, -4 mm
The base materials are ZINCALUME® steel, galvanised and stainless steels. AQUAPLATE® polymer coated steel is used for water tanks.
- ZINCALUME® steel made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G550 (550MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass)
- COLORBOND® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 4, is made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G550 (550MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass) or AZ200 (200g/m2 minimum coating mass), or
- COLORBOND® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 6, is made from stainless steel complying with JIS G 4305, Grade 430 stainless steel, 430SS550. Subject to enquiry
- The base metal thickness is 0.42mm or 0.48mm
|Base Metal Thickness (mm)||Material||kg/m||kg/m²||m²/t|
How can I identify TRIMDEK® from other look-a-likes?
The easiest way is to look at the pans. TRIMDEK® has a single crease along the centre of the pan. Other “look a-likes” have a single or double flute in the pans.
When fixing TRIMDEK®, how many ribs have to be fastened?
It is necessary for every rib of TRIMDEK® to be screw fastened to the support.
What is the best way to walk on TRIMDEK®?
It is good practice to only walk in the pans, however at supports only it is safe to stand on the ribs.
What is cladding and how does it relate to roofing and walling?
Cladding is a collective term for any sheeting that covers a building, whether it be on the roof of the building, or on the walls. Roof cladding is made from thicker steel and is rolled to a profile capable of supporting roof traffic*. In most cases, these roof claddings can also be used for walling as well. Wall cladding is made from thinner steel, rolled to a less rigid profile. They are generally not capable of supporting roof traffic, prohibiting their use as roofing.
*Some roofing is designed to be non-trafficable. Please consult the span and capacity tables of the cladding for further details.