Product Description and Features
SPANDEK® is a contemporary looking, trapezoidal profile which is ideal where a stronger, bolder, more modern corrugated appearance is required. It combines strength with lightness, rigidity and economy.
- Can be used for both roofing and walling applications
- Available in a wide variety of COLORBOND® steel colours
- Allows wide support spacings
- May be used on roof pitches from as low as 3 degrees (1 in 20)
The maximum recommended support spacings are based on testing in accordance with AS1562.1-1992, AS4040.1-1992 and AS4040.2-1992. Supports must not be less than 1mm BMT.
Roof spans consider both resistance to wind pressure and light roof traffic (traffic arising from incidental maintenance).
Wall spans consider resistance to wind pressure only.
The figures relate only to buildings 10m or less in height and located in sheltered or exposed suburban areas or sheltered rural areas only
|Maximum Support Spacings (mm)|
|Type of Span||Thickness (mm) BMT|
|Roofs including bullnosed roofs|
|Unstiffened Eaves Overhang||300||400|
|Stiffened Eaves Overhang||600||700|
- For roofs: the data are based on foot-traffic loading.
- For walls: the data are based on pressures.
- Table data are based on supports of 1mm BMT.
- Spacing is based on 4 fasteners per sheet per support.
Sheets are supplied custom cut.
Length: +0 mm, -15 mm
Width: +4 mm, -4 mm
The base materials are ZINCALUME® steel, galvanised and stainless steels. AQUAPLATE® polymer coated steel is used for water tanks.
- ZINCALUME® steel made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G550 (550MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass)
- COLORBOND® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 4, is made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G550 (550MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass) or AZ200 (200g/m2 minimum coating mass), or
- COLORBOND® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 6, is made from stainless steel complying with JIS G 4305, Grade 430 stainless steel, 430SS550. Subject to enquiry
- The base metal thickness is 0.42mm or 0.48mm
Can SPANDEK® be curved?
SPANDEK® can be sprung curved. The sheets are delivered in straight lengths but curved as they are installed onto the supports, to form a curved roof.
How does SPANDEK® compare to CUSTOM ORB®?
SPANDEK® is a deeper cladding and therefore, has a greater spanning ability and higher water carrying capabilities. However, because it is a deeper cladding, it cannot be sprung curved to the same tight curves as CUSTOM ORB®.
What is cladding and how does it relate to roofing and walling?
Cladding is a collective term for any sheeting that covers a building, whether it be on the roof of the building, or on the walls. Roof cladding is made from thicker steel and is rolled to a profile capable of supporting roof traffic*. In most cases, these roof claddings can also be used for walling as well. Wall cladding is made from thinner steel, rolled to a less rigid profile. They are generally not capable of supporting roof traffic, prohibiting their use as roofing.
*Some roofing is designed to be non-trafficable. Please consult the span and capacity tables of the cladding for further details.