Product Description and Features
MULTICLAD® is an attractive trapezoidal multi-ribbed profile. MULTICLAD® is usually used where an inexpensive, quick to install cladding is desirable, such as garages, carports and sheds. The speed of installation also makes it popular for commercial and industrial projects such as warehouses, showrooms and retail premises. The long clean lines of MULTICLAD® can be installed either vertically or horizontally.
- Available in a range of COLORBOND® steel colours and ZINCALUME® steel
- Attractive trapezoidal multi-ribbed profile
- 840mm wide cover makes it quick and easy to install.
- MULTICLAD® is only suitable in for use for walling in non-cyclonic areas
- Only suitable in non-cyclonic areas
Available in custom cut lengths to suit the application requirements. Check with your local supplier on the maximum and minimum available lengths.
Length: +0mm, -15mm
Width: +4mm, -4mm
- ZINCALUME® steel made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G550 (550MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass)
- COLORBOND® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 4, is made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G550 (550MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass), or
- COLORBOND® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 6, is made from stainless steel complying with JIS G 4305, Grade 430 stainless steel, 430SS550. Subject to enquiry
- The base metal thickness is 0.35mm & 0.42mm
Mass – COLORBOND® steel
- BMT 0.35mm: 3.33 kg/m2
- BMT 0.42mm: 3.95 kg/m2
|Avail.||Avail.||Avail.||Avail.||By Enquiry*||Avail.||Not Avail.|
Can MULTICLAD® be used for roofing?
No. We do not recommend MULTICLAD® for roofing purposes. Try our roofing profiles for other suggestions. However this product is commonly used as an overall cladding for trailers, portable buildings, and the like.
Why are there two rib shapes in the MULTICLAD® profile?
The profile is similar to PANELRIB®. Every fourth rib has been increased in depth to produce the MULTICLAD® profile. This increases the strength to provide an alternative to fulfil the market requirements.
What is cladding and how does it relate to roofing and walling?
Cladding is a collective term for any sheeting that covers a building, whether it be on the roof of the building, or on the walls. Roof cladding is made from thicker steel and is rolled to a profile capable of supporting roof traffic*. In most cases, these roof claddings can also be used for walling as well. Wall cladding is made from thinner steel, rolled to a less rigid profile. They are generally not capable of supporting roof traffic, prohibiting their use as roofing.
*Some roofing is designed to be non-trafficable. Please consult the span and capacity tables of the cladding for further details.