Product Description and Features
KLIP-LOKÂ® 406 is a strong, durable and versatile long length roof or wall cladding. The concealed fastening method enables its use on many applications from low pitched roofs to vertical or horizontal ribbed walling.
- Fixing clips effectively secure KLIP-LOKÂ® 406 to supports without puncturing the sheet
- No exposed fasteners means clean and smooth lines
- KLIP-LOKÂ® 406 is only available upon enquiry in some states. Please consult the availability table below for further details
- Minimum recommended roof pitch is 1 degree (1 in 50)
The maximum recommended support spacings are based on testing in accordance with AS1562.1-1992, AS4040.0-1992 and AS4040.1-1992.
Roof spans consider both resistance to wind pressure and light roof traffic (traffic arising from incidental maintenance) and assessment of ease of installation.
|Maximum Support Spacings (mm)|
|Type of Span||Thickness (mm) BMT|
|Unstiffened Eaves Overhang||200|
|Stiffened Eaves Overhang||600|
- Table data are based on supports of 1mm BMT.
- The data is governed by the ease of side lapping of the sheets at long spans.
Sheets are supplied custom cut.
Length: +0 mm, -15 mm
Width: +4 mm, -4 mm
The base materials are ZINCALUMEÂ® steel, galvanised and stainless steels. AQUAPLATEÂ® polymer coated steel is used for water tanks.
- ZINCALUMEÂ® steel made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G550 (550MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass)
- COLORBONDÂ® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 4, is made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G550 (550MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass), or
- COLORBONDÂ® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 6, is made from stainless steel complying with JIS G 4305, Grade 430 stainless steel, 430SS550. Subject to enquiry
- The base metal thickness is 0.48mm
|Mass and Yield
|Thickness (mm BMT)||COLORBONDÂ® steel||ZINCALUMEÂ® steel|
|Avail.||Avail.||Avail.||By Enquiry*||Avail.||Not Avail.||By Enquiry*|
Can KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTHÂ® be side-lapped with KLIP-LOKÂ® 406?
No. KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTHÂ® has a rib shape and clip design different to the traditional KLIP-LOKÂ® 406.
Can KLIP-LOKÂ® 406 be unclipped?
It is not recommended to unclip KLIP-LOKÂ® 406 once the cladding is installed. Unclipping can damage the clips, cladding or metallic coating on the cladding. It is difficult to assess how KLIP-LOKÂ® 406 will perform after such damage.
What is cladding and how does it relate to roofing and walling?
Cladding is a collective term for any sheeting that covers a building, whether it be on the roof of the building, or on the walls. Roof cladding is made from thicker steel and is rolled to a profile capable of supporting roof traffic*. In most cases, these roof claddings can also be used for walling as well. Wall cladding is made from thinner steel, rolled to a less rigid profile. They are generally not capable of supporting roof traffic, prohibiting their use as roofing.
*Some roofing is designed to be non-trafficable. Please consult the span and capacity tables of the cladding for further details.