Product Description and Features
CUSTOM BLUE ORBÂ® is the traditional corrugated roofing profile, designed specifically for curving. The extra ductility of CUSTOM BLUE ORBÂ® allows for easy curving.
- Curving quality of steel which can be curved to a variety of designs
- Can be used for both roofing and walling applications
- Long lengths allow sheets to be curved into a full circle
- Available in a wide variety of COLORBONDÂ® steel colours
- There are straight sections at the ends of the curve which cannot be curved, read details in Product Specification section
- May be used on roof pitches from as low as 5 degrees (1 in 12)
The maximum recommended support spacings are based on testing in accordance with AS1562.1-1992, AS4040.1-1992 and AS4040.2-1992. Supports must not be less than 1mm BMT.
Roof spans consider both resistance to wind pressure and light roof traffic (traffic arising from incidental maintenance).
Wall spans consider resistance to wind pressure only.
The figures relate only to buildings 10m or less in height and located in sheltered or exposed suburban areas or sheltered rural areas only
|Maximum Support Spacings (mm)|
|Type of Span||Thickness (mm) BMT|
|Roofs including bullnosed roofs|
|Unstiffened Eaves Overhang||200|
|Stiffened Eaves Overhang||300|
- For roofs: the data are based on foot-traffic loading.
- For walls: the data are based on pressures.
- Table data are based on supports of 1mm BMT.
- 0.80mm BMT is available in SA as galvanised only.
Sheets are supplied custom cut.
Length: +0 mm, -15 mm
Width: +4 mm, -4 mm
Straight vertical minimum (SV) = 100 mm
(50 mm in Dubbo, 80 mm in Victoria)
Radius Minimum (R) = 300
The minimum curving radius is 300 mm (400 mm in Victoria). At the end of the curve, there must be a straight vertical section of at least 100 mm (50 mm in Dubbo, 80 mm in Victoria). This straight section should be taken into account when ordering your sheets.
Curved flashings and cappings are made in fibreglass, plastic and steel in standard COLORBONDÂ® steel colours. Straight flashings and cappings are also made to match.
The base materials are ZINCALUMEÂ® steel, galvanised and stainless steels. AQUAPLATEÂ® polymer coated steel is used for water tanks.
- ZINCALUMEÂ® steel made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G300 (300MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass)
- COLORBONDÂ® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 4, is made from zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel complying with AS1397-2001, G300 (300MPa minimum yield stress), AZ150 (150g/m2 minimum coating mass), or
- COLORBONDÂ® prepainted steel complying with AS/NZS 2728:Type 6, is made from stainless steel complying with JIS G 4305, Grade 430 stainless steel, 300SS550. Subject to enquiry
- The base metal thickness is 0.60mm or 0.80mm
|Base Metal Thickness (mm) / Material||kg/m||kg/mÂ²||mÂ²/t|
|0.60 ZINCALUMEÂ® steel||4.59||6.02||166|
|0.60 COLORBONDÂ® steel||4.64||6.09||164|