Faster, Easier, Installation with ClearSlide unique profile fibreglass sheet strip-clip system. The patented ClearSlide fixing clips provide many advantages over normal installation procedures, and also allows the combination of metal roll form decking and fibreglass skylighting over long lengths. No longer are two very different materials screwed together in the hope that they will interact, without water ingress, or cause buckling (ocean waving) of the fibreglass. The ClearSlide roof is watertight and aesthetically pleasing.
- Unique sliding saddle allows for the skylight expansion and contraction independently of the metal roof.
- No pre-drilling or over sizing holes in the fibreglass is necessary, thus reducing installation time.
- The pilot hole in the ridge ensures correct location of the Tek screw through the fibreglass and is shaped to prevent the screw slipping.
- The clip supports the fibreglass fully enabling minor maintenance traffic on the purlin.
- Support from the clip and the extra ribs within the profile allow for greater spanning capacity. Savings are possible through reduced costs with less purlins.
- Fibreglass is completely independent to the metal decking. This allows for long length sheets and eliminates the chances of water penetration.
- A finishing side clip supports and holds down the metal tray male rib which is left unsupported in a traditional system.
- Allows for longer length sheets eliminating some or all unsightly end lap joints.
- No protective purlin strip is required as the clip provides protection to the fibreglass from point loads over the safety mesh.
- Can be manufactured in Webglas, eliminating the need for safety mesh. bullet The ClearSlide fibreglass profile will match all existing 700 decking profiles.
- This premium grade fibreglass sheeting is protected by the Wonderglas GC “gel coating” system, prolonging lifespan in excess of 300% over standard fibreglass.
Expansion and contraction of the metal decking and fibreglass are independent of each other as the ClearSlide clip system “floats” the fibreglass above the steel deck. The metal decking is not pierced at the side ribs.
Zammit Roofing ClearSlide decking is a special purpose variation of “Wonderglas GC” sheeting with all its superior features.
- Light transmission is maintained
The loss of light transmission after 10 years is just 10% compared to a loss of 30% for standard 20 micron surface film protected fibreglass sheeting. Wonderglas GC has a highly UV resistant gel coat of 100 microns.
- Very high resistance to yellowing and discolouration
Over 10 years changes are negligible and are covered by warranty. Only minor changes may occur in later years.
- Surface erosion (fibre show) is eliminated
It is covered by warranty for 25 years.
- Low surface erosion
This also improves weathering properties. The 100 micron gel coated surface provides an impenetrable barrier and the sheet is warranted against water penetration for 25 years. Inbuilt UV protection eliminates 99% of harmful UV rays.
- Cost effective over the life of the building
Wonderglas GC with a warranty of 25 years has a vastly superior life span and most importantly, light transmission and appearance is maintained. Please refer to the Wonderglas GC brochure for detailed information.
The ClearSlide fibreglass profile will match all existing 700 decking profiles. Due to the unique shape of the ClearSlide profile, end lapping onto metal decking is not achievable. Designers need to specify ClearSlide for complete roof runs from ridge to gutter.
Zammit Roofing ClearSlide System is manufactured to conform with AS/NZS 4256 parts 1 & 3 : 1994 and shall be installed in accordance with Zammit Roofing fixing instructions in conjunction with AS/NZS 1562.3 : 1996, design and installation of sheet roof and wall cladding Part 3: Plastic.
|ClearSlide Spanning 405 & 700||Normal Fibreglass Deck Spanning|
As the table above shows, the ClearSlide profiled sheet is significantly stronger in terms of spanning capacity over a normal 400 and 700 deck profiles of the same sheet mass. Limit state testing as per AS4040.2:1992, has been performed by Vipac Scientists and Engineers. Tests of ClearSlide are written in Report No. 360176 TST 3297 00 dated August 2004. Tests of 700 Decking are written in Report No. 360176 TST 2799 00 dated December 2003. Comparison of the two profiles reveals that ClearSlide outperforms 700 Deck fibreglass by an average of 71.55% for internal spans and 65.14% for end spans.
Important: Heavier grades give the specifier the option to use Zammit Roofing sheeting in cyclonic zones.
Light and Heat Transmission
|Light %||Heat %|
For Light and Heat transmission of Series 4270, 4880, please contact your local Zammit Roofing office. Other colours can be produced to order for viable quantities.
|Materials Expansion Comparison. 0° to 40° Temperature Variation. Sheet Length 12 metres|
|Thermal Co-efficient||3.0 x 10-5 cm/cm°C||6.75 x 10-5 cm/cm°C||1.2 x 10-5 cm/cm°C||2.4 x 10-5 cm/cm°C|
|Tensile Strength||80 Mpa|
|Impact Strength||8 Joules|
|Shear Strength||90 Mpa|
|Modulus of Elasticity||5500 Mpa|
|Compressive Strength||135 Mpa|
|Flexural Strength||150 Mpa|
|Water Absorption||.2% in 24hrs./26°C|
|Curved Roof Radius||2400g/m2|
|Minimum Radius||10.0 Metres|
|Recommended Service Temperature Range||-20° to +96°C|
- Loose lay metal sheeting in skylight location as a template, as per normal roof practice, achieving correct 700mm cover skylight location.
- Remove steel roof sheet template
- Slide ClearSlide clip into position on purlin, allowing the locating tab to touch male rib of the metal deck. (Note directional arrow on the clip)
- Screw the clip into position using three roof Tek screws
- Fix the finishing side clip over the metal male rib and Tek screw in through slot provided on the ClearSlide clip.
- Using multi grips or pliers, crimp the finishing slide clip and steel male rib together
- When fixing fibreglass ensure that the sliding saddle is centred to the rail markers
- Lay ClearSlide Wonderglas GC fibreglass over the installed ClearSlide brackets.
- Using a normal steel Tek screw fitted with a 32mm Weatherlok Washer, screw directly through the fibreglass into pre-punched hole on the saddle
- Continue screwing sheets into place until ClearSlide System is complete